GPP Kalikasan Muna (Green Party of the Philippines) in partnership with several organizations will be having the first-ever MANILA BAY REGION KALIKASAN MUNA CONGRESS on August 21-22, 2021 via Zoom. The theme of the event is “Responding to Climate Change: Scientific Realities, Political and Economic Imperative.”. Those who want to join can register at https://bit.ly/kalikasanmunacongress-ncr.
Manila Bay Region Kalikasan Muna Congress is a virtual event open to everyone especially those who are living in Metro Manila, Region 3 and Region 4A.
Organization partners for the event include Aksyon Kalikasan (Eco Actions PH), Rotary Club of Alabang Madrigal Business Park, EDGE TV Philippines, Ako at Ang Kalikasan TV, and ASEAN Youth.
Among the topics that will be included during the event are:
- Environmental Awareness 101
- National and Regional Environment Situation
- Green Governance
- The Green Agenda
- Regional Issues
- Value-Added Activities
Speakers are also invited to discuss the following:
- Environmental current situation in the Region – Difficulties and Changes. (Speaker from government or NGO)
- Current government programs and efforts responding to environmental circumstances. (Speaker from related government agency)
- Business developments that directly affect/support these local environment dilemmas. (speaker from Business sector)
- Community based initiatives that helped/restored the environment. (Speaker from NGO).
As of today, the event has the following Resource Speakers:
- Chot Velasquez, President – Aksyon Kalikasan
- Dan Renner, Director for Environment (Programs and Partnerships), Rotary Club of Alabang Madrigal Business Park
- Hilary Pangan, Birdland CARE Commune
Don’t forget to register at https://bit.ly/kalikasanmunacongress-ncr.