We are an independent and autonomous emerging GREEN political party guided by the “KALIKASAN MUNA, NGAYON NA!” Manifesto. The party recognizes its humble roots as the result of the Green Governance project of Aksyon Kalikasan, its main allied and partner organization. GPP and Aksyon Kalikasan share the same vision of a Green Philippines of the empowered, for, and by the Filipino people.
We come together in the spirit of solidarity and good faith as citizens of the Philippines and the Earth, under the banner of a political party; who commit to the noble mission of engaging in a political process that mobilizes citizens towards good governance and sustainable development; and who hereby swear to pursue this task with courage, fervor and determination through peaceful means, resisting all ideologies that run counter to a peaceful resolution.
Environment First! Kalikasan Muna, Ngayon Na!
The most important task for all human beings now is to care for our dying earth. Humans will perish even before the extinction of most living species, if we do not make the environment our priority. Kalikasan muna bago sarili.
Our endless debates on the issues of corruption, poverty, sovereignty, development, family, education, etc. will all be futile if we cannot change the climate back to the right balance. Those who care for the earth unite! Put all your energies on a single cry. Focus our minds on a single campaign. Direct our hearts to a single passion: Earth first!
Before self, before money, before position, before all… earth first!
Empowered Filipinos in harmony with nature where the 10-point GREEN AGENDA is fully realized and our communities sustainable.
To build a strong movement of the Greens in the Philip-pines, enter government and fully implement the 10-point green agenda (2020-2030).
- To act in synergy to advance party ideals through peaceful political means.
- To uphold the environmental issues as the key political agenda among decision-makers in government and other sectors of society
- To create a constituency of people from all sectors that respects all life forms in nature
- To foster ecological standards of personal behavior for all for the protection of the environment
- To support candidates at the local and national levels with sound environmental platforms and good environmental governance performance.
- To formulate and lobby for the enactment of laws that would conserve, rehabilitate, and protect our environment and enhance our life support systems and cultural integrity towards sustainable development.
- To advocate against unfair business and industrial practices by multi-national corporations which have a direct and deep impact on the state of the environment and demand for exact corporate accountability and responsibility.
- To push adequate funding for effective implementation and strict enforcement of the existing laws on the environment.
- To work with other green movements at all levels, local, national, and international.
We are currently organizing in 15 regions, 27 provinces, 26 cities and 16 municipalities nationwide as of May 30, 2020.
We are inviting people to be part of a national green movement. Our Green Governance program will not just to build capacity of active citizens to participate in green governance but also to provide support to green electoral participation with projects to support the formation of a national green political party.
|Type of Convenors||With Potential Convenors||Total Number Required||% Covered|
|City in NCR||11||17||64.70%|
The current proposal being discussed across this emerging Green Party in the Philippines is to engage 2022 synchronized national and local elections carrying our 10-point Green Platform Agenda of the Party. The Primary Election process of the Party to select our candidates for the 2022 elections will begin January of 2021.