On September 19, various environmental groups from across the globe will be taking part in the “World Cleanup Day 2020” (WCD), which is an annual global social action program aimed at combating the global solid waste problem, including the problem of marine debris. (FB Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1074503882964681/).
You can do this as an individual or as a group. If you have a group or your organization wants to join please let us know. Activities of each group will be documented and submitted to the Country Leader, which will then be forwarded to the Let’s Do It World Headquarters, situated in Estonia, as participation data from the Philippines.
GPP Green Party of the Philippines (GPP-KALIKASAN MUNA) and Aksyon Kalikasan invites everyone to join the World Cleanup Day on September 19, 2020. Start with your home and your community. If you are not yet a member please register at www.greenparty.ph/join.
Send us a photo of your #WorldCleanupDay activity and let us create a mosaic of all our efforts. You can also send us a link of a video of your cleanup activity at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment it here.
Reminders for Doing World Cleanup Day 2020
Here are some reminders:
1. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please make sure to strictly observe the usual safety protocols such as social distancing as well as the utilization of facemasks and face shields. Use gloves too for added protection.
- always use washable gloves to pick up litter
- wash your hands after the cleanup
- wash your gloves and other equipment in hot water and plenty of soap
2. If possible, hope you could wear either yellow, pink, or blue shirts during the activity since these colors are the official colors of the WCD. Looks great too on photos.
3. For those who are planning to print shirts and/or banners or other paraphernalia to be used in connection with the said event, you can download various media materials on this link: https://www.worldcleanupday.org/media/#.
What Can You do for World Cleanup Day 2020?
Here are some of the suggested activities for World Cleanup Day 2020 as advised by www.worldcleanupday.org:
1. Regular Team Cleanup. Organize us a team and do a cleanup, however, due to COVID-19, there might be certain restrictions. Check out with your country contact for details https://www.worldcleanupday.org/contact/
2. Individual Cleanup. This year, we have individual cleanups because the Covid-19 virus has affected countries differently. So people who cannot or do not want to move in groups can register themselves as an individual participant! Since the cigarette butts have been the most common litter in World Cleanup Days, we invite you to join the challenge to pick up 1 billion cigarette butts altogether. Find out more about the cigarette butts campaign at https://cigarettebutt.worldcleanupday.org/
3. Do a Digital Cleanup. How do you do that? Check here https://digital.worldcleanupday.org/.
World Cleanup Day – Philippines
Magkaisa para sa KALIKASAN. Kalikasan Muna, Ngayon Na!