Environmental advocacy, like any other goal and objective, must have a functional plan. This campaign plan can be likened to a management plan with the following elements:
- An outline that would highlight the project’s objectives and goals;
- A list of tasks and actions to achieve the goals and objectives;
- Descriptions of the specific roles and time commitments of participants involved in the project;
- Procedures to recruit and train participants;
- Procedures to acquire and maintain equipment;
- A timeline for various stages of the project to measure accomplishment;
- A process to handle possible project modifications and re-calibration of plans;
- Contingency measures to deal with unforeseen changes in the overall plan;
- Consideration of the project’s broader impacts; and,
- Consideration for expansion.
These are the vital elements of an environmental advocacy campaign.
Thoughts to promote positive action…